Wednesday, August 12, 2009

cockiness


The infamous dog head tilt.

What?
Why are you yelling at me?
I don't know what your saying?
I KNOW what you're saying but I am cocking my head to get the same reaction I get every time" Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Irresistable and they know it.

I took Ernie a few months to actually tilt his head in that fashion, and now a year later we can get him to do it any time of day using a trick we learned from our friends Nikky and Marco... we look at Ernie and say, "Do you wannnnnnaaa??" and he gets so excited at the prospect of the next word out of my mouth being 'treat' 'go for a walk' 'go for a ride' 'go upstairs' that he tilts his head and whimpers.

If we really wanna torture him, we lie. We say 'Who is that?' in a high pitched voice and he speeds to the front window and starts going bonkers thinking we have a visitor. Or I can say, "Grammy's coming" and it's all over, he is zoned out for the next 10 minutes, running around looking for my mother. When he doesn't find her he attacks my face with a barrage of licking!

I never thought I would EVER EVER let an animal with 4 legs lick my face. But Ernie loves to French kiss, and I am of French decendency, so just let it happen naturally.... He does try to slip friends and family the tongue quite often. One time, there was a dead ant clutching to the tip of his tongue and I don't think he even noticed. More on the ant game later...

No comments:

Post a Comment